Splendid Georgian Blue Enamel Diamond Ring
Plaques of royal or cobalt blue enamel set in jewelry were especially popular during the neo-classical Georgian period (Circa 1790-1810) as was the use of foiled rose cut diamonds. Here we see a splendid example of a Georgian ring featuring the royal blue enamel in a squared off corner rectangular form with a bezel of yellow gold.
Centered within is a lovely foiled rose cut diamond set in a rub over crimped silver collet typical for the era. An octagonal surround of twenty-six (26) petite rose cut diamonds in silver acts as a counterpoint to the vivid deep midnight blue enamel. The wide shank of 15k yellow gold is embellished hand engravings of foliate designs of leaves and flowers.
Date: Circa 1790.
Measurements: 5/8 of an inch (1.6 cm) in length north to south on the hand and rises 1/4 of an inch (0.8 cm) in height off the finger. Weight of 4.8 grams (3.1 dwt).
Ring Size: US 6 (UK L 1/2; Euro or Int. Circum. 51.8 mm; Int. Dia. 16.5 mm; Japan 11) and can be easily sized to fit most. Ring sizing information.
Condition: Very good with the shank replaced some time during the mid 19th century with a Victoria shank; some light wear to the engraving, a few minute nicks to the enamel.
Origin: Most likely English.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.