Sensuous Georgian Blue Enamel Ring ca. 1790
Quite in keeping with the style of today with large proportions and dramatic flair, this 18th century ring makes its own statement. An old mine cut diamond set in silver is perfectly centered within a field of the trademark cobalt blue translucent enamel of the years 1780s through about 1800.
Neoclassical designs were in style, geometry dominated jewelry and enamels were much preferred over precious gems. The front is framed with runs of white and blue enamel accented with tiny gold dots and narrow bands of 15k yellow gold. Curved shoulders encase the finger with a sensuous embrace as each transitions into a smooth shank. Accompanied by an antique English box not original to the ring. An exceptional example for its size and condition. Perfect for a man or woman.
Date: Circa 1790.
Measurements: 7/8 of an inch (2.3 cm) in width and rises 3/8 of an inch (1.0 cm) in height off the finger. Weight of 5.7 grams (3.7 dwt).
Ring Size: US 8 (UK P-1/2; Euro or Int. Circum. 56.9 mm; Int. Dia. 18.1 mm; Japan 16) and easily can be sized to fit most. Ring sizing information.
Condition: Excellent; minute wear to the enamel visible with a loupe.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.