Victorian Grand Period Fringe Earrings
For the Victorians the 1870s was all about fringe and the impact of Etruscan, Roman and Greek influence. Quite lengthy, this pair of 14k yellow gold earrings has the appearance of being very weighty yet is light and a pleasure to wear.
Three part construction characterizes this mid Victorian earring. Heavily influenced by the archeological discoveries of the time, a domed center with applied scalloped twisted wire details and central four pointed star appliqué is reminiscent of the shield carried by soldiers of antiquity and reflective of the bulla – a disc shaped Etruscan ornament.
Suspended and hinged, the pointed “boomerang” shaped drop had a wide gold border surrounding a subterranean area appointed with gold wire work and tiny orbs. The earring concludes with a series of graduated baton fringe replete with round finials. This pair of earrings represents a combination of classical inspiration and masterful Victorian era metal work.
Date: Circa 1870.
Measurements: 2-3/4 inches (7.0 cm) in length by 1 inch (2.5 cm) in width. Weight of 10.6 grams (6.8 dwt) for the pair.
Condition: Excellent; later ear wires and slightly irregular surface to the back where the wires connect.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.