Riker Bros. Art Nouveau Butterfly Brooch
Newark, New Jersey was a major cabal for the design manufacture of jewelry from the later 1800s until about 1950. In fact Newark became the jewelry manufacturing capital of America. One of those leading companies, the Riker Brothers was an integral part of that early history which dates back to 1846. Quite sought after, their jewelry remains highly collectible.
Have no fear that this gorgeous butterfly will drink the dew from your garden and just fly away. Petite and perfectly proportioned, a figurative yet somewhat realistic representation of a member of the order Lepidoptera is here to stay in the form of a 14k yellow gold brooch and watch holder. Through the translucency of the variegated two toned guilloché enamel the wings display the underlying engraved pattern covering the surface.
Five (5) old European cut diamonds emblazon the delicate golden thorax as ruby cabochon eyes glint in the sunlight. Tiny gold antennae guide the fluttering wonder through its myriad journeys of joy.
Date: Circa 1900.
Measurements: 7/8 of an inch (2.2 cm) in length by 3/4 of an inch (1.9 cm) in width. Weight of 3.1 grams (2.0 dwt).
Hallmarks: 14k; Riker Bros. mark.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.