Order of the Garter: Victorian Enamel & Diamond Ring
The strap and buckle motif* has been incorporated over several centuries of jewelry design. The crest of its popularity was during the Victorian era when it was given as an acclamation of admiration and friendship. Revived toward the end of the Art Deco period, the motif is still employed today.
A variation of the strap and buckle motif has been transformed into a finger ring of 14k yellow gold. Striking cobalt blue guilloché enamel outlines the perimeter of the “strap”. Forty-five (45) rose cut diamonds embellish the gold strap and buckle of the finger ring.
Date: Circa 1870.
*Historical Note: The strap and buckle, a rendition of The Most Noble Order of the Garter is the highest order of chivalry or knighthood which exists in England; founded in 1348 the order uses the buckle and strap motif as a symbol of binding together in common brotherhood.
Measurements: 3/8 of an inch (1.0 cm) in length north to south on the hand and rises 1/8 of an inch (0.3 cm) in height off the finger. Weight of 5.5 grams (3.5 dwt).
Ring Size: US 7-3/4 (UK P; Euro or Int. Circum. 56.3 mm; Int. Dia. 17.9 mm; Japan over 15). This ring can be sized down using inserts only and cannot be sized up.
Condition: Excellent; a few diamonds chipped or cut naively.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.