Antique Moonstone Halleys Comet Brooch
From ancient times to the present day jewelry is made to mark a spectacular event ranging from the great discovery of archaeological wonders to the commemoration of an astrological event. The early 18th century discovery of the periodic seventy-five year reappearance of a specific comet by English astronomer Edmund Halley has been memorialized time and time again with examples of comet inspired jewelry.
Examples are dated as early as the 18th century and the style remained in fashion on and off through the 19th century. Almost all of the earlier comet brooches are rather diminutive in size—typically less than 1 inch in length. This late 19th century brooch of 14k yellow gold brazes through the sky in its entire splendor with an estimated 1.5 carat fine oval blue moonstone with strong adularescence at its center. Larger than its earlier brethren, sensuous curves, scrolls and golden orbs send this celestial event straight into today’s orbit.
Measurements: 1-1/2 inches (3.8 cm) in length by 5/8 inches (1.6 cm) in width. Weight of 3.2 grams (2.0 dwt).
Hallmarks: 585; maker's mark of HF.
Note: Gemstone was not removed to preserve the integrity of the setting. Weight is approximated by measurement and formula and may vary from actual weight.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.