Neo-Renaissance Revival Agate Sterling Necklace
Rampant in the Victorian era, Renaissance Revival jewelry has a broad range of characteristics and includes scrolling foliage, swags and festoons which viewed with figurative representations of grotesques and mythological creatures.
Although circa 1940, this sterling silver pendant necklace features a pendant of openwork and intricate scrolling designs around the head of putto cherub and may be viewed as neo-Renaissance Revival. A sterling drop echoes the design of a Holbeinesque pendant.
The necklace is a vision of ornate sterling links alternating with orbs of agate dyed with an unusual shade of teal turquoise blue. The links are of two types: embellished with floral motifs and with scroll designs. If so desired we can remove the pendant and create a continuous chain with a pendant which can be worn separately.
Date: Circa 1940.
Measurements: 19 inches (73.4 cm) in length by 3/8 of an inch (0.8 cm) in width; pendant is 3-3/4 inches (9.5 cm) in length by 15/16 of an inch (2.3 cm) at the widest. Weight of 36.7 grams (23.6 dwt) for both pendant and chain.
Hallmarks: 925 and Sterling.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.