Victorian Aesthetic Period Locket Pendant
The cornerstone of Victorian Aesthetic Period (1880-1901) design was simplicity. Perhaps this viewpoint was a result of the dramatic influence that Japan in particular and Orientalism in general had on jewelers of the period.
A rectangular pendant locket crafted of sterling silver embodies several of the style characteristics of the Victorian 1800s. A beaded perimeter, twisted wire work, saw tooth decoration and fringe are reflective of the archaeological revival themes prevalent.
The front surface is embellished with rose and yellow gold appliqués of leaf and foliate forms, the composition, economy of line and individualism of each element are clearly the result of the Japanese aesthetic. The interior reveals a fairly deep compartment complete with rim for memorabilia or a photograph. Please note the oversized spring ring attached to the top “O” fitting.
Need a chain? Just ask us about our selection!
Measurements: 3 inches (7.6 cm) in length including bale by 1-3/16 inch (3.0 cm) in width. Weight of 21.4 grams (13.8 dwt).
Hallmarks: English registry mark for 1880.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.