Antique Signed Lars Larson Swedish Earrings
Victorian era jewelry designers were not limited to just England, America and Europe. The Scandinavian countries of Sweden, Norway and Finland have a long and glorious history of jewelry making pre-dating the 1800s by close to a millennium.
This pair of 18k yellow gold earrings shares a motif typical of the early or Romantic Period of Victorian jewelry from around 1840 onward. Symbolism, flowers, curving lines and organic forms, such as the grape and leaf design employed were used for decoration.
Appearing to be quite substantial in weight, the earrings are in actuality light on the ear. The use of the metal technique of repoussé which is the combination of tracing a design on the front of the piece using liners (tracers), raising a relief by pushing from the back using different tools (punches) and finally working the details on the front of the piece. Back to front ear wires finish the antique earrings.
Date: Circa 1880. We have dated these a bit later as these motifs persisted for decades.
Measurements: 1-1/4 inches (3.2 cm) in length including ear wire and 1 inch (2.5 cm) without by 9/16 of an inch (1.4 cm) at the widest. Weight of 5.1 grams (0.6 dwt) for the pair.
Hallmarks: Swedish marks for 18k; mark for Sweden; maker's mark LL&C (Lars Larson of Gothenburg).
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.