Dramatic Antique Garnet Necklace
Quite unusual, this Bohemian natural garnet necklace incorporates large garnets in conjunction with smaller garnets for its distinctive look. Typically this type of jewelry used very small garnets in clusters to create the illusion of larger elements. A festoon necklace begins with the first tier a series of five graduated in size garnet flowerhead clusters and several types of garnet set forms at each end.
The second level is a vision of a pair of garnet floral elements flanked by modified crescent moons also set with garnets. A trefoil pendant drop of large faceted garnets is surmounted by a garnet encrusted wave-like form. In all, two hundred-seven (207) garnets (with the largest of 2.1 carats) set in 9k rose gold over silver glow with an incomparable radiant of fiery red.
Date: Circa 1910.
Measurements: 16-3/4 inches (42.4 cm) in length. Drape is 2-1/8 inches (5.5 cm) at the longest; the more ornate area of garnets is 4-1/8 inches (10.1 cm)in length. Weight of 26.8 grams (17.2 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; one garnet replaced.
Origin: Former Bohemian region of Europe.
Note: Gemstones were not removed to preserve the integrity of the setting. Weights are approximated by measurement and formula and may vary from actual weight.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.