Victorian Bohemian Garnet Earrings
An old saying that The Three Graces uses “the fire from a single Bohemian garnet can warm the coldest heart but a cluster will set all hearts ablaze” rings true in this pair of Victorian garnet earrings. A two element articulated design in the form of flowerheads plays a fiery symphony with the glow of every facet striking a concordant note. Covering the entirety of the setting, beautifully rich and dark claret colored pyrope garnets have been set closed back in rose gold over silver. The stones remain full bodied in weight and have retained their shiny surfaces. Later 14k yellow gold ear wires and safety clasps have been added.
Date: Circa 1880.
Measurements: 1-7/8 inches (4.7 cm) in length including ear wire and 1-5/8 inches (4.1 cm) without by 11/16 of an inch (1.8 cm) at the widest. Weight of 7.4 grams (4.7 dwt) for the pair.
Condition: Later 14k yellow gold ear wires and clasp, minute traces of glue to top of one earring.
Origin: European and is most likely from the former Bohemian region.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.