Heart Within a Heart: Pendant with Locket Back
The early years of the Victorian era were referred to as the Romantic Period and jewelry from that time was often engraved and decorative in a most charming manner. Here we have a wonderful 14k yellow gold heart pendant with a locket back. The front is domed shaped with repoussé work with a scroll motif with a centered quatrefoil design set with four (4) natural turquoise cabochons about an old mine cut diamond center.
The reverse reveals a gold heart shaped border with "S T Bennett 36 Cheapside" engraved in script. Within the glass covered compartment on a backing of glass or opaline-like material are two artistic hair plumes worked in the form of a heart. A true sentimental piece of antique jewelry.
Date: Circa 1845.
Measurements: 1-3/16 inches (4.6 cm) including both bales and 7/8 of an inch (2.2 cm) without by 7/8 of an inch (2.1 cm) in width and depth. Weight of 7.4 grams (4.8 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; compartment has dust and a stray bit of hair; later large top "O" fitting.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Standard Return Procedure
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.