Victorian Cut Steel Earrings
When the word jewelry is mentioned the image which typically comes to mind is an object of self-adornment which is crafted from precious metals and gems. While that statement does indeed bear the words of truth, it is not all inclusive. As in the case of cut steel jewelry and ornaments such as buckles and buttons.
Tiny steel studs are faceted (originally fifteen facets per stud which diminished to five during the late 19th century) and polished; then set into a backing plate and secured with rivets or screws. The bright and sparkling studs resemble gemstones and marcasites. For additional information please see Reference Section – Helpful Terms & Glossary.
Victorian flavor accents a two element cut steel earring with a top of scrolling oppositional “C” curves suspending a round domed cluster of faceted steel cut beads. Please note the flat reverse with the securing pins for the beads. Although any number of objects of cut steel (chatelaines, buttons, buckles et al.) were deconstructed and made into earrings, this particular Victorian pair was originally constructed as earrings.
Date: Circa 1880.
Measurements: 1-5/16 inches (3.3 cm) in length including ear wire and 1-1/6 inches (2.7 cm) without by 13/16 of an inch (2.2 cm) in width. Weight of 5.8 grams (3.7 dwt) for the pair.
Origin: European in origin.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.