Victorian Witch’s Heart Locket
The silhouette or outline of a heart with a slight upturn to the end is referred to as a witch’s heart. Originating around the 14th century, this iconic form of the heart was used in brooches to be pinned on the bunting of a baby as an amulet to keep the child safe or presented to a loved one for protection from evil. Around the 18th century the meaning of the form evolved to that of a love token and symbolized that once bestowed the recipient would become “bewitched to fall in love” with the donor.
This 19th century example is in the form of a locket crafted of glass with bezels of 14k yellow gold. Both of the hinged front and back sections have a slight convex or dome shape and are embellished on each side with a script monogram of “ADC” or some combination of in gold lettering.
Date: Circa 1890.
Measurements: 1 inch (2.5 cm) in length including bale by 13/16 of an inch (2.1 cm) in width. Weight of 4.1 grams (2.7 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; one chip to one side of glass at the bottom point visible with magnification or upon very close inspection.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.