Late 18th C. Chrysoberyl Cluster Ring
Most people are unaware of the existence of the chrysoberyl gem. Well known in the 18th century as a result of New World mining explorations by the Spanish and Portuguese, the gleaming stone was readily adapted for use in jewelry. The fiery chrysoberyl is the color of pale chartreuse green similar to that of a crystal Pontarlier glass of absinthe diluted with water.
This superb Georgian cluster ring is set closed back in silver with the ten (10) original gems. It is difficult to conceive of such extraordinary craftsmanship which can pavé set the faceted stones so tightly and perfectly considering all the gems are cut, polished and set by hand. Split shoulders and a smooth as silk shank are of 10k yellow gold. Our excellent photographs are simply unable to do adequate justice in translating the amazingly refractive and sparking green of the 18th century chrysoberyls.
Measurements: 11/16 of an inch (1.7 cm) in length north to south on the hand by 1/4 of an inch (0.6 cm) in width. Weight of 4.5 grams (2.9 dwt).
Ring Size: US 7 (UK N-1/2; Euro or Int. Circum. 54.4 mm, Japan over 13; Int. Dia. 17.3 mm) and easily can be sized to fit most. Ring sizing information.
Condition: Excellent for its age; shank is old but later; underside has a depression and another mark from earlier shank; stones and foiling are in fine condition.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.