Just Ducky: Antique Mallard Stickpin
Without this Edwardian stickpin you might go "quakers"! A representational rendering of a mallard duck in flight makes this 10k and 14k yellow gold with silver stickpin irresistible. Set with eighteen (18) rose cut diamonds, the wings spread away from the gem studded body in the action of flight. Green enamel appoints tail feathers and head replete with golden beak. A black dotted enamel eye gives vision to our avian creature. Please note the twist to the middle of the pin – a common practice in Victorian and Edwardian stickpins to assist in holding the pin in place within the fabric.
The stickpin is accompanied by an antique cream silk and tooled paper box embossed in gold with “Dreicer & Co. 560 Fifth Avenue New York” which may be original to the piece.
Date: Circa 1910.
Measurements: 2-1/2 inches (6.5 cm) in overall length by 3/4 of an inch (1.9 cm) at the widest. Weight of 2.0 grams (1.3 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; two diamonds replaced with antique diamonds and a number of diamonds chipped or naively cut and visible with a loupe.
Origin: Most likely American.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.