Early 18th C. Agate & Gold Box
Perfectly marvelous, a late 17th or early 18th century box has been crafted from hard stone agate. With a superb design, the box feels just exquisite when held in the palm of the hand. Cleaved and carved, one solid agate was used for the base and lid. Please note the scalloped perimeter of 22k yellow gold and the five part hinge characteristic of the period. Later date hinges were mostly of three parts except for those which were extremely long.
Date: Circa 1700.
Measurements: Box is 1-3/8 inches in diameter (3.5 cm) and 15/16 of an inch (2.5 cm) in height at highest point. Weight is 27.6 grams (17.7 dwt).
Condition: Very good; a natural inclusion and hairline inclusion on bottom (see photographs).
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Standard Return Procedure
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.