17th Century Rock Crystal Reliquary Pendant
Magnificent in proportions and superb in quality, later 17th century craftsmanship displays its mastery of metalwork and rock crystal carving in the form of a reliquary locket. Within its very deep compartment, the box held a relic or religious object. The pendant is constructed of ten pieces of faceted rock crystal set into brass. Both of the rock crystal covers have a convex surface which creates a somewhat magnified perspective of what may be within the confines. Please note that the hinge is in five parts; most later date hinges typically have three elements). The deep interior provides versatility for object display.
Date: Later 17th century.
Measurements: 1-15/16 inches (5 cm) in length not including top “O” fitting by 1-5/8 inches (4.1 cm) in width by 1-1/16 (2.9 cm) in depth. Weight of 65.7 grams (42.2 dwt).
Condition: Excellent for its age; a few very minor small chips (several just to interior); one hinge closes tight and the other opens easily without resistance.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Standard Return Procedure
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.