On the Cuff: Victorian Bangle Bracelet
During the mid Victorian or Grand Period (1860 – 1885) two to three bracelets were worn on each wrist. The styles ranged wide bands studded with jewels all around to thin bands of gold with gem set ornamentation.
This particular example is a large rounded sculptural cuff bracelet hinged for ease of wear. Crafted of silver, the front surface is embellished with hand engraving and appliqués. Engraved and applied leaf and flower head motifs in yellow and rose gold join a central cartouche of an incised rose design and two vertical side bands engraved with a wave pattern and stars. Both the cartouche and side bands have a soft rose and yellow gold overlay. The wide cuff, secured with a hidden tongue and groove clasp creates a sensual silken feel upon the skin and is secured.
Date: Circa 1880.
Measurements: Bracelet has interior circumference of 7-3/4 inches (19.2 cm) and is 1-1/8 inches (2.8 cm) in width. Will fit almost any wrist. Weight of 41 grams (26.4 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; light wear to gold overlay; one small dent to reverse.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.