French Art Deco Cross Fleury Pendant
Many synthetic gemstones were invented in the late 19th to early 20th century. They are exactly the same as natural gems in their crystalline structure and appearance but have been fabricated by a human hand. A few of the common forms of these synthetics are ruby, sapphire and alexandrite. These synthetics were very popular in the early decades of the 20th century and were often the gems of choice for much of the fine jewelry of this period.
This beautifully constructed 18k rose gold cross Fleury pendant with a three-petal design features synthetic spinels. Rich blue in color, the round faceted and baguette spinels are set within an open framework of rose gold. Partially hand made, the pendant is finely rendered and typical of French craftsmanship. As is the pendant, the added bale is of 14k rose gold.
Date: Circa 1930.
Measurements: Pendant is 2 1/4 inches (5.9 cm) from top of slide fitting to bottom point; 1 7/8 inches (4.8 cm) wide across widest point; and 3/16 of an inch (0.6 cm) thick from top of stone to back. Total weight is 10 grams (6.4 dwt).
Hallmarks: French hallmark and a 14k mark to the later bale.
Condition: Excellent, a later matching bale added some time in the past.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.