Lucky You: Antique Billiken Silver Charm
An early 20th century fad, the original Billiken figure was created by Florence Pretz, an art teacher from Kansas City, Missouri. She “christened” him “The-God-Of-Things-As-They-Ought-To-Be” and it became the first patented god in the United States. The image was sold to the Craftsman’s Guild of Chicago and the figure became an international phenomenon.
Somewhat Buddha-like in conformation, this English made charm is sterling silver and has BILLIKEN impressed on the front. The right side of the pedestal has a full set of English hallmarks. On the underside within a circle is the revered saying “The-God-Of-Things-As-They-Ought-To-Be”.
Please see pages 98, 101 and 104 of Warman’s Jewelry Identification and Price Guide 3rd edition edited by Christie Romero for additional information.
Measurements: 1 inch (2.4 cm) in length including bale by 1/2 an inch (1.3 cm) in width. Weight of 2.1 grams (1.4 dwt).
Hallmarks: Full set of English hallmarks for sterling silver London and date letter for 1904. Maker's mark of WV&S.
Condition: Very good; light overall wear.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.