Victorian Onyx Drop Earrings
Victorian jewelers relied on black material such as jet, onyx, French jet and gutta percha for items of sentimental jewelry. It can be mistaken for French jet as both are cool to the touch, light in weight and have a very high gloss finish. In reality onyx is natural material, a variety of chalcedony; French jet is a manufactured form of black glass.
All original, this pair of mid Victorian two element earrings features black onyx. Designed as articulated pendant earrings, a small faceted onyx orb suspends a larger faceted ball drop from ear wires of 10k rose gold.
Date: Circa 1880.
Measurements: 1-1/4 inches (3.1 cm) in length including ear wire and 1 inch (2.5 cm) without by 1/2 of an inch (1.2 cm) in width. Weight of 6.1 grams (3.9 dwt) for the pair.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.