Forever More: Gimmel Fede Ring
The fede ring has a long history dating back to antiquity. The major hallmark of this type of ring is the motif of two right hands traditionally one female and the other male, clasped together and holding a heart. Known from the original Italian “mani in fede” (hands in faith or trust), it was quite popular during the Renaissance and given as a token of betrothal.
This particular 10k yellow gold example is a form of the gimmel ring incorporating components of the older fede ring. A gimmel ring is composed of two or more bands joined together with a tiny pin that acts as a fulcrum or pivot enabling the bands to swivel, align and come together to form one ring to symbolize the union of two people.
Date: Circa mid 20th century.
Measurements: 7/16 of an inch (1.1 cm) in length north to south on the hand and rises 1/8 of an inch (0.4 cm) in height off the finger. Weight of 2.3 grams (1.5 dwt).
Ring Size: US 5 (UK J-1/2; Euro or Int. Circum. 49.0 mm; Japan 9; Int. Dia. 15-3/4). This can be sized up, however note this requires two ring sizings and additional jeweler’s work. Please contact us with the size you need to obtain a quote. Ring sizing information.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.