Victorian Piqué Tortoiseshell Bangle Bracelet
Dating to 17th century England, piqué is an antique technique used to ornament items of tortoise shell, mother-of-pearl or ivory with a fine patterned inlay of gold or silver. With their love of natural materials, the Victorians incorporated piqué into their repertoire of jewelry.
Two-part construction allows this bangle to effortlessly wear with its black elastic interior expansion and contraction. Deep brown natural tortoise shell is the medium which is inlaid with a wide band of silver flanked by two narrow stripes of gold placed along the center of the bracelet. Emanating from that central band is gold inlay reminiscent of a Gothic inspired trellis or choir screen. Buttery smooth on the interior, the bracelet is a pleasure to own as well as to wear.
Date: Circa 1870.
Measurements: 11/16 of an inch (1.7 cm) in width. Will fit a wrist of about 7-1/4 inches or less. Weight of 18.2 grams (11.7 dwt).
Condition: Excellent; all pique present; some slight patina to the silver work.
Origin: Most likely English in origin.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.