Antique Tiffany & Co. Guilloché Enamel Locket
The fashion of wearing lockets retained its Victorian popularity well into the 20th century with a bit of a shift toward round versus oval configuration. Here the “humble” locket is immortalized with the stamp of perhaps the foremost prestigious jewelry house in America – that of Tiffany & Company.
This locket of 14k yellow gold is ornamented with subtle guilloché enamel decoration. The motif is Egyptian revival of papyrus fronds etched into the metal on both the front and back. Using a specialized machine, a set of fine lines and intricate curves has been incised over the gold surface to create an ornate pattern with an architectural flavor. Covered with a luscious French blue enamel color, the design is given depth and the visual effect increased. The interior reveals a compartment with rim for securing a photograph.
The technique of guilloché enamel originated at the turn of the 18th century with a revival at the next century mark. Watches and lockets with their round and flat surfaces were particularly well suited to the form.
Date: Circa 1900.
Measurements: 1-1/2 inches (3.8 cm) in length including bale and top “O” fitting; 1-1/16 inches (3 cm) in diameter. Weight of 13.7 grams (8.8 dwt).
Hallmarks: “Tiffany & Co.”; “14k”; “6035”.
Condition: Excellent; later plastic insert.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.