Victorian Tart: Citrine & Pearl Cluster Ring
The color of the gem citrine originates from the French “citron” for lemon. The first known use of citrine for jewelry seems to be by the Romans for intaglios and cabochons in the first centuries CE. The 19th century saw its use increase as a stone for jewelry.
A beautiful sparkle and color characterizes this estimated 5.25 carats faceted round natural citrine. Set open back in a crimped collet of 14k yellow gold, the gem displays its nicely cleaved culet. Complementing the light saffron yellow citrine is a surround of nineteen golden hued natural seed pearls (untested but assumed natural due to age and examination). The ring has been expertly reshanked with an ornate and detailed 14k yellow gold shank.
Date: Circa 1880.
Measurements: 3/4 of an inch (1.9 cm) in length north to south on the hand and rises 1/4 of an inch (0.7 cm) in height off the finger. Weight of 6.2 grams (4.0 dwt).
US 7 (UK O; Euro or Int. Circum. 54.0 mm; Japan 14; Int. Dia. 17.35) and easily can be sized to fit most. Ring sizing information.
Condition: Very good; ring reshanked with a finely detailed 14k yellow gold band.
Note: Stone has not been removed from mount to preserve the integrity of the setting. Stone weight has been approximated by measurement and formula and may vary from actual weight.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.