For a Lifetime: Victorian Diamond Hair Comb
A marvelous double prong comb of natural tortoise shell unfolds its hues of golden honey and warm amber in a demonstration of the beauty of natural material. An arched tiara form of silver-topped 14k rose gold is set with one hundred forty-nine (149) old mine cut diamonds with a total estimated diamond weight of 3 carats in an alternating frill of glitter and shine. A curve of square set diamonds is the foundation for a series of motifs similar to the suites in a deck of playing cards with clubs spades and lozenge shapes dominating. The piece is a fine example of typical Victorian 19th century construction with its substantial and weighty metal work and employment of clusters of old mine cut diamonds placed in silver over gold.
Date: Circa 1880.
Measurements: 4-3/4 inches (12.1 cm) in total length. Diamond area is 3-3/8 of an inch (8.5 cm) in length by 3/4 inches (1.9 cm) in width. Weight of 29.5 grams (19.0 dwt).
Condition: Excellent to mint. One comb prong slightly more arched than the other (see side photograph).
Note: Diamonds have not been removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting. All diamond weights have been approximated by measurement and formula and may vary from actual weights.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.