Antique 18th C. Spanish Garnet Earrings
Save $885! On sale, price reduced from $3850.
Act now, sale ends May 26th!
During the late 18th century earrings from the Iberian Peninsula were typically more elongated than wide. Often resembling a stylized variation of the pendeloque form, these earrings display a two to three element design and complete with a pear shaped drop. Domes of 10k rose gold are hand engraved with line patterns and feature centered flat cut garnets in closed settings.
The attached surmount is a triangle shape with a trefoil of paste cabochon accent stones in rub over collets. The lower teardrop element has a pair of similar pastes at the bottom of the pear shaped drop which suspends an articulated spear shaped form also set with a paste. The reverse of the two middle elements reveals the expected bulbous or sculptural back. All original, including the front to back ear wires.
For more elaborate but similar examples, please refer to page 54 in “Earrings from Antiquity to the Present” by Mascetti and Triossi and page 117 in Jewellery Reference and Price Guide” by Michael Poynder.
Date: Circa 1780 - 1820.
Measurements: 3-3/4 inches (9.5 cm) in total length by 3/4 inches (1.9) at the widest. Weight of 19.7 grams (12.7 dwt) for the pair.
Condition: Excellent for their age.
Origin: Spanish or Portuguese in origin.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.