Mid Victorian Daytime Earrings
Rules of etiquette were not the only standard of the Victorian era. Indeed, it was proper for the Victorian lady to wear gold jewelry during the daytime hours. Anything else i.e. precious gems and pearls was considered to be unacceptable and ill-bred behavior on the part of the wearer.
Naturalistic inspiration and classical interpretation fueled the fire of many jewelry designers of this period and this small two element pendant earrings reflects the impact of those perceptions. Hollow discs of 15k rose gold are embellished with a double flowerhead form centered with a small orb. Scalloped petals of the inner flower form a concave interior around the central sphere.
The outer foliate design is of a six-petal flower adorned with wirework. A small golden globe is set between each petal for balance and symmetry. The circular drop is suspended from original ear wires with an elongated oval finial. The hollow construction creates a remarkably light earring which is comfortable to wear for extended periods. Please note on the reverse at the bottom the registry mark which indicates the year of English manufacture as 1881.
Measurements: 1-3/16 inches (3 cm) in length including ear wire by 5/8 of an inch (1.6 cm) at the widest. Weight of 4.7 grams (3.0 dwt) for the pair.
Hallmarks: British registry mark for 1881.
Condition: Excellent; slight dimpling to the reverse.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.