Murrle Bennett & Co. Arts & Crafts Hair Comb
Murrle Bennett & Co. was established in London in 1884 as a wholesale manufacturer of jewelry mainly in the style of Jugendstil or German Art Nouveau and British Arts and Crafts. A good deal of their product was distributed through the renowned London based specialty shop of Liberty & Company. In addition, noted Arts and Crafts designers and jewelers Archibald Know and Theodor Fahrner collaborated with the Murrle Bennett & Company which specialized in high quality reasonably priced silver and gold jewelry and accessories made affordable for the general public.
A natural tortoiseshell hair comb, brown with hints of caramel touches is crowned with a 9k yellow gold open work decoration with an Arts and Crafts design. The applied decoration follows the lines of sensuous arc of tortoiseshell. Originally part of a two-piece set, the larger of the two combs is unfortunately broken at one end (please see photo). The Three Graces has priced this item as one hair comb but will gladly send both if so desired.
Date: Circa 1900.
Measurements: 2-1/8 inches (5.5 cm) in length by 3-3/4 inches (9.5 cm) in width. Weight of 9.6 grams (6.2 dwt).
Hallmarks: Murrle Bennett & Co. hallmark to front end of the larger hair comb.
Condition: Excellent for the main comb; second comb has two teeth broken. Priced accordingly.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.