Daring Art Deco Aquamarine Filigree Ring
Louis XV was so enraptured with his mistress Marquise de Pompadour that he had a diamond created especially for her. The myth is that the gem with its pointed ends and elongated shaped echoed the shape of her lips when she smiled. From that point on the navette cut was referred to as the “marquise”.
In pursuit of a kiss, this 10k gold ring highlights a faceted marquise cut aquamarine of an estimated 1.6 carats. The navette shaped stone is set within a 10k white gold mount with 10k rose gold flower forms set on yellow gold ribbon motifs which decorate the front of the white gold ring. Pierced and open work characterize the ethereal filigree mount.
Date: Circa 1930.
Measurements: 11/16 of an inch (1.7 cm) in length north to south on the hand and rises 3/16 of an inch (0.5 cm) in height off the finger. Weight of 2.0 grams (1.3 dwt).
Ring Size: US 4 (UK H; Int. Dia. 15; Euro 47 mm; Japan 7) and easily can be sized to fit most. Ring sizing information.
Hallmarks: “10k”; “A&S”.
Condition: Excellent; evidence of previous resizing visible with magnification.
Note: Stone has not been removed from mount to preserve the integrity of the setting. Stone weight has been approximated by measurement and formula and may vary from actual weight.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.