Early 18th C. Rock Crystal & Paste Brooch
Always wanted to be in Vogue Magazine? Here is your chance. This brooch is featured in the September 2012 Issue of Vogue page 823 (See photo)!!!
The ribbon bow motif in jewelry has enjoyed an almost perennial popularity from the earlier centuries onward. Here we see an example typical of late 17th and early 18th century design. The Sévigné bow form with its downward curving loops is stylized in this brooch of silver.
Unusually cut round pastes many with hand faceted tops and flat bottoms are set open back with silver collets across a surface prominent with metal. Suspended is a pendant teardrop of hand faceted rock crystal in silver bezel with marvelous cusped chase work to the sides. This cusped work is a hallmark of this early era and blends seamlessly with the symmetry and harmony of the piece.
Date: Circa 1720 - 1740.
Measurements: 1-1/2 inches (3.8 cm) in length by 1-7/8 inches (4.8 cm) in width. Weight of 15.7 grams (10.0 dwt).
Condition: Excellent for its age; light overall wear; pastes have a bit of wear to surfaces; slight variations of white and off white in paste color; later safety clasp added.
Order Before 12/23 for Xmas! US Only
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Order By 12/23 for Xmas - US orders!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.