“My Hart You Have” in a Fire Gilded Posie Ring
Fire gilding is an ancient technique that has been in use since the 4th century BCE. It is a process in which an amalgam of gold is applied to a metal surface and exposed to heat. Left behind is a thin layer of gold which covers the treated area. Fire gilding leaves a surface of gold with unmatched color and great durability. The process was used with great frequency during the 1600 to 1700s.
Here we have a beautiful specimen of a fire-gilded silver poesy (posie, posy) ring. Still encrusted with the soil from its unearthing from the ground, the wide posey ring is engraved to the interior in capital letters “My Hart You Have”. As was the custom of the times, the old English (the then contemporary) spelling was used and the posy clear and legible in its configuration.
Date: Late 17th or early 18th century.
Measurements: 1/4 of an inch (0.6 cm) in length north to south on the hand. Weight of 4.1 grams (2.7 dwt).
Ring Size: US 8 (UK P; Int. Dia. 18; Euro 57 mm; Japan 16) and can be sized to fit most. Ring sizing information.
Condition: Good; general even scratching and surface wear to exterior gilding/ silver; overall intact, sturdy and in fine wearable condition.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.