Georgian Cross Patonce with Locket Back
Amazing Georgian repoussé work is featured in a large ornate cross Patonce of 15k yellow gold. The term 'Patonce' is from the French “patte d'once” for “paw of an ounce” or snow leopard and refers to form of the ends of the arms.
In this example each of the concave shaped arms is expanded and terminates in floriated points. The arms are appointed with turquoise cabochons and radiate from a centered old mine cut diamond. The reverse reveals a smooth gold back with glass covered locket compartment now holding fabric. Most likely, the enclosure held woven or plaited hair. The cover can be removed by a jeweler.
The pendant cross is accompanied by an antique 15k gold open link rolo chain added at a later date.
Date: Circa 1840. Chain is possibly mid to later 19th century.
Measurements: Cross is 2-1/8 inches (5.3 cm) in length by 1-3/16 inches (4.5 cm) in width. Chain is 17-1/2 inches (44.5 cm) in length. Weight of 15.7 grams (10.1 dwt) for pendant and chain together.
Hallmarks: “9k” on replaced chain clasp.
Condition: Excellent; chain not original to cross; chain has a modern clasp added.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.