Gathering of the Animals Victorian Fob Pendant
Bejeweled January Sale! Price reduced from $1650. Hurry sale ends January 18th!
For more than a century we have referred to a fob as that decorative pendant-like medallion or ornament which was suspended from a watch chain. Typically used to keep a watch chain in place or to counterbalance the watch and prevent the chain from becoming tangled, the reference actually evolved from a small pocket, i.e., fob, sewn into the waistband of trousers or breeches to hold a watch. Over time, the object itself became known as a “fob”.
Highly decorative, this fob seal is of 15k yellow gold and set with polished chalcedony. The hard stone remains pristine, uncarved with a smooth surface. Quite ornate and intricate, figural representations of a rabbit and bird amidst coiling vines and leaves are featured. Hand engravings at the base and bezel of the seal display botanical motifs. Please note the attached bale is embellished with a branch pattern.
Date: Circa 1860 - 1870.
Measurements: 1-3/16 inches (3 cm) in length with original bale by 11/16 of an inch (1.7 cm) at the widest. Weighs 10.7 grams (6.9 dwt).
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.