All is Fair: Edwardian Carved Rock Crystal Necklace
Dramatic in size and presentation, this Edwardian era necklace with pendant shows its true classical roots. Superbly carved rock crystal depicts the goddess Venus (representing love) in flowing mantle locked in an enamored gaze with the warrior god Mars (representing war) replete with Greco-Roman centurion helmet, draped in a cloak and clutching a staff. To his left an eager Eros waits to hand him his mighty sword.
The frosted carving is meticulous and especially fine in every regard including musculature of the figures, facial details, hair and especially the plumes of the helmet. The magnificent piece is backed with black onyx and is set within a 14k yellow gold neoclassical frame appointed on each side with a torch of love. Please note that the replaced barrel clasp is 9k pale rose gold.
Date: Circa 1910.
Measurements: Pendant is 2 inches (5 cm) in length by 1-3/8 inches (3.6 cm) in width. Chain is 17 inches (43 cm) in length including top portion of pendant. Weight of 18.9 grams (21.1 dwt).
Hallmarks: 9ct (for 9k) on added barrel clasp.
Condition: Excellent for rock crystal and its frame; chain is later but antique; antique barrel clasp added and not original to the chain.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.