Strength & Courage: Victorian Tiger Claw Pendant
The tiger claw as an amulet has a dual nature. When worn by man it symbolizes courage; when a woman sports a tiger claw it can demonstrate female strength and protection. During the Victorian era the English prized the claw of the ferocious Bengal tiger and had it set into a variety of jewelry items.
An imposing tiger claw of impressive proportions has been clad in a semi-jacket of 15k yellow gold. A golden cap sports intricate and ornate engraving and gold work fringe. The inside curve is covered with a scalloped saw tooth edge of gold which joins the tip also ensconced in gold embellished with metal work and a small golden orb.
Date: Circa 1880.
Measurements: 1-1/2 inches (3.7 cm) in length by 2-1/4 inches (6 cm) in total width. Top is 1-1/16 inches (2.7 cm) in width. Weight of 9.8 grams (6.3 dwt).
Hallmarks: 15 c.
Condition: Very good to excellent; natural variations to claw with darker lines (see photographs); formerly a brooch expertly converted to a pendant; some old traces of glue or adherent materials around cap and tip.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Standard Return Procedure
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.