Strength & Courage: Victorian Tiger Claw Pendant
The tiger claw as an amulet has a dual nature. When worn by man it symbolizes courage; when a woman sports a tiger claw it can demonstrate female strength and protection. During the Victorian era the English prized the claw of the ferocious Bengal tiger and had it set into a variety of jewelry items.
An imposing tiger claw of impressive proportions has been clad in a semi-jacket of 15k yellow gold. A golden cap sports intricate and ornate engraving and gold work fringe. The inside curve is covered with a scalloped saw tooth edge of gold which joins the tip also ensconced in gold embellished with metal work and a small golden orb.
Date: Circa 1880.
Measurements: 1-1/2 inches (3.7 cm) in length by 2-1/4 inches (6 cm) in total width. Top is 1-1/16 inches (2.7 cm) in width. Weight of 9.8 grams (6.3 dwt).
Hallmarks: 15 c.
Condition: Very good to excellent; natural variations to claw with darker lines (see photographs); formerly a brooch expertly converted to a pendant; some old traces of glue or adherent materials around cap and tip.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.