18th Century Garnet & Pearl Pendant
A gorgeous Georgian pendant from the 18th century provides insight into the craftsmanship of that period. Flat cut almandine garnets (thirteen in all) with a purplish to red hue and natural freshwater pearls (untested but guaranteed to be natural) are set closed backed in the traditional silver. To the reverse the typical bulbous shape characterizes the setting. The open work foliate design suspends the removable drop of a large creamy golden white freshwater pearl (23 mm by 17 mm by 10 mm) surmounted by a classic bow form.
Date: Circa 1770.
Need a chain? Just ask us about our selection!
Measurements: 2-3/8 inches (6 cm) in length including bale by 1-7/16 inches (3.7 cm) at the widest. Pearl is 7/8 of an inch (2.3 cm) in length by 5/8 of an inch (1.6 cm) in width. Weighs 13.0 grams (8.4 dwt).
Condition: Excellent for its age; the garnet beneath central pearl is replaced.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Standard Return Procedure
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.