Late 19th C. Dogwood Blossom Diamond Earrings
This pair of late 19th century earrings is just the item to brighten up a stormy day. All original, the 14k yellow gold earrings are a fabulous artistic representation of a dogwood blossom. Most people are not aware that the “petals” of the dogwood flower is not the actual blossom. Rather it is the crown of florettes or flower buds in the center, which in this stylized example are the little gold stalks with a gold orb at the top. Each of the "petals” or bract acts as a protective covering for the buds. Each crown of buds holds a centered old mine cut diamond, one with an estimated weight of .14 carats and the other about .17 carats (H-I color range; SI1 clarity). The reverse reveals the original hinged ear wire and safety “C” clasp.
Date: Circa 1890.
Measurements: 11/16 of an inch (1.8 cm) in diameter. Weight of 3.5 grams (2.2 dwt) for the pair.
Condition: Excellent; one diamond with a side chip visible with magnification. This same diamond is irregular in shape but polished this way.
Note: Diamonds have not been removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting. All diamond weights have been approximated by measurement and formula and may vary from actual weights.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.