Georgian Antique Amethyst Ring
The aristocrats and wealthy of the Georgian era could be somewhat capricious in regard to the jewels with which they were adorned. Using the same gems and, at times even retaining original mounts, one type of jewelry could be converted to an entirely different piece. That very well may have been the situation with this oval natural amethyst (11 mm by 13.5 mm).
Faceted, foiled and set closed back into a 15k yellow gold bezel with a lovely twisted gold wire work borders, the grape-colored gem may have been in the form of a striking stick pin and transmuted into a ring with a period 9k yellow gold shank with split shoulders and nicely detailed sides.
Date: Circa 1820.
Measurements: 1/2 of an inch (1.3 cm) in length north to south on the hand by 5/8 of an inch (1.6 cm) in width and rises 5/16 of an inch (0.7 cm) in height off the finger. Weight of 2.8 grams (1.8 dwt).
Ring Size: US 4-3/4 (UK I-1/2; Int. Dia. 15.5; Euro 49 mm; Japan 8) and easily can be sized to fit most. Ring sizing information.
Condition: Excellent for the amethyst and its mount; later but period 9k yellow gold shank slightly paler in color then top.
Important: This ring should not be in water for an extended period nor exposed to any other liquids, cleaning products or harsh chemicals due to the nature of the foil backed stones. If considering as an engagement ring, please keep this in mind.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.