Antique Garnet & Chrysoberyl Ring
Chrysoberyl is a gemstone with intense refraction and brilliance. Rated very high and close to a diamond, its pale chartreuse grs unmatched in the gemstone world. Favored during the late 18th and early 19th century, the stone was mined in South America and is no longer readily available. In this ring of 9k yellow gold, each hand cut and hand polished gemstone is set in a halo with a rich garnet center with tiny claws and close backed. The shank design has a divided motif with delicate scrolling on each side with a smooth surface at the back.
Date: Circa 1850.
Measurements: 1/2 of an inch (1.3 cm) in length north to south on the hand and rises 1/8 of an inch (0.4 cm) in height off the finger. Weight of 2.0 grams (1.3 dwt).
Ring Size: US 8-1/4 (UK Q; Int. Dia. 18.25; Euro 58 mm; Japan just over 16) and easily can be sized to fit most. Ring sizing information.
Condition: Excellent; evidence at the back of a former resizing.
Origin: Most likely English.
Important: This ring should not be in water for an extended period nor exposed to any other liquids, cleaning products or harsh chemicals due to the nature of the foil backed stones. If considering as an engagement ring, please keep this in mind.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.