Edwardian ADORE Gem Set Acrostic Ring
In general an acrostic is a coded message written in alphabetic script in which the first letter, syllable or word of each paragraph or verse taken in order forms a word or phrase.
Acrostic jewelry is typically sentimental in nature and is given in love, friendship and mourning. It was thought to appear first during the Napoleonic era when ladies wore jewel-encrusted bracelets on their wrists as a souvenir of their lover’s name or the date of their initial romantic encounter spelled out using the first letter of the set stones.
This Edwardian example is a ring of 9k yellow gold set with amethyst, diamond, opal, ruby and emerald. In the language of gemstones the word ADORE is expressed without even a whisper spoken. The under gallery is particularly lovely with botanical details and scroll motifs.
Date: Circa 1900.
Measurements: 3/16 of an inch (0.5 cm) in length north to south on the hand and rises 3/16 of an inch (0.5 cm) in height off the finger. Weight of 2.8 grams (1.8 dwt).
Ring Size: US 7-3/4 (UK P; Int. Dia. 18; Euro 56.5 mm; Japan just over 15) and easily can sized to fit most. Ring sizing information.
Condition: Excellent; evidence of a former resizing only visible with very close inspection or with magnification.
Origin: Most likely English.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back - No Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.