Antique Italian Shades of Ruby Pearl Earrings
Southern Italian jewelers, renowned for their pearl work often employed this type of construction in which small pearls were used to cover large areas. For examples of similar workmanship please refer to “Peasant Art in Italy” edited by Charles Holme.
Glorious and exotic, these earrings take natural seed pearls and wire them in concentric circles around a centered natural ruby. Set closed back these offspring of the oceans cover the surface of a dome of 12k rose gold. Each ruby has been banded with a rose gold bezel. Please note the twisted gold perimeter around all of the four discs. The larger convex element suspends three smaller domes of similar construction all joined by simple “O” fittings. Each of the smaller discs has a petite dangle of seed pearls which create a perfect harmony and symmetry of form for the imposing earrings.
Date: Circa 1800.
Measurements: 2-7/8 inches (7.3 cm) in total length including ear wire and 2-1/2 inches (6.3 cm) without by 1-9/16 inches (3.9 cm) in width. Weight of 26.6 grams (17.1 dwt) for the pair.
Condition: Good for the age; some wires have darkened patina; many pearls have darker areas near drill hole; later 9k rose gold ear wires.
Origin: Possibly Italian.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.