Art Deco Sparkle: Sterling Marcasite Bracelet
Sumptuary laws which limit ownership of certain objects to people in specific classes have been in effect since antiquity. In fact during the 13th century Louis IX of France established a sumptuary law reserving diamonds for the king. The Swiss began using marcasites in the late 1700s in place of the diamonds forbidden by sumptuary laws for all except the most noble.
Silver is perhaps one of the, if not the perfect medium to display marcasites to their best advantage. Used fairly extensively during the Georgian and Victorian eras, the years of early and mid Art Deco reintroduced the marcasite into the public eye with their flash and requirement for little cash.
A sterling silver bracelet is a vision in a delicate filigree of open work of floral design embellished with shimmering marcasites. Within the lacy design each of the marcasites has been individually set with silver tips in stead of simple gluing. A series of hinged panels provides for a more fluid drape around the wrist. The bracelet is finished with a tongue and groove clasp and a safety chain for additional security.
Date: Circa 1930.
Measurements: 7 inches (18 cm) in length by 3/4 of an inch (2 cm) in width. Weight of 28.0 grams (18.0 dwt).
Hallmarks: “Sterling” on bracelet back and safety clasp of chain.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.