Romantic Edwardian Bohemian Garnet Necklace
The garnet gemstones we refer to as “Bohemian garnets” were mined in the Bohemian region of Eastern Europe formerly known as Czechoslovakia and currently as the Czech Republic. The gem became quite popular in the Victorian era of the 19th century when jewelers developed a characteristic style of the garnets entirely dominating the metal into which they were set closed back. Patterns such as stars, floral shapes and clusters were often repeated within an individual piece.
Somewhere around 1890 - 1910, pieces, such as this one represented here were created in which the type of setting changed from closed to open back. A sumptuous and romantic necklace of rose gold over silver (often termed “garnet gold”) is depicted in a garland design inspired by the ornate styles of 18th century rococo. Opposing c-curves symmetrically flank a central garnet-encrusted circle with a gem-set flowerhead form. Floral and tear-drop shaped elements swing from ribbon-like pendant surmounts in an articulated dance of movement and rhythm.
Date: Circa 1900.
Measurements: 17 inches (43 cm) in length. Pendant area is 2-1/8 inches (5.3 cm) in length by 3 inches (7.7 cm) at the widest. Weight of 15.6 grams (10.0 dwt).
Condition: Excellent with little of note.
Origin: Modern day Czech Republic region.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.