Gothic Cathedral in an Antique French Cross Pendant
Jewelry from the Victorian Era included not only designs and styles unique to those times but also included a number of revivals and influences from previous decades, centuries and even millennia. A good illustration is that of Gothic Revival. With so few examples of jewelry from the Middle Ages, jewelers incorporated design characteristics takes directly from the medieval architecture of that period.
Decidedly structural, this French cruciform pendant of 18k yellow gold personifies details such as its solid and open work tracery which is a direct translation of the pattern of interlacing ribs that typically appointed windows and door. The ends of the cross, formed in an ogive or roundly tapered arch configuration terminate with tricorn finials Even the design of the bale is taken from the triple lancet fan form found in the principles of Gothic ecclesiastical architecture.
Date: Circa 1860.
Measurements: 2 inches (5 cm) in length including bale by 1-1/8 inches (2.9 cm). Weight of 4.2 grams (2.7 dwt).
Hallmarks: Worn French hallmarks.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.