Signed Belais Bros. Art Deco Bracelet
Jewelry designed by Belais Bros. of New York has become quite the collector’s treasure. Having developed in the early part of the 20th century the American formula for white gold, the company sprang forth with a number of elegant and finely fabricated designs.
Here the fine attention to detail is realized in the form of an articulated bracelet. The perfect medium width, the flexible bracelet consists of a series of 10k white gold square plaques. Each is designed as a lacy filigree of open metal work and is appointed with five (5) square cut onyx gems set within a lozenge shaped bezel and spaced along the expanse of the characteristically flat and linear profile of an Art Deco piece. A tongue and groove clasp as well as a safety finishes the bracelet.
Date: Circa 1930.
Measurements: 7 inches (18 cm) in length by 3/8 of an inch (0.9 cm) in width. Weight of 13.7 grams (8.8 dwt).
Hallmarks: 10k; SM&S; Belais
Historical Notes: The Belais Brothers of New York, the original makers of white gold in the United States, experimented for thirty years before introducing their white gold in 1917. Advertisements of the 1920s sometimes mention the settings as "Belais” rather than saying "white gold." During the early 20th century their company surpassed all others working in white gold and was renowned for their artistic settings and attention to detail.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.