Edwardian Curb Chain Bracelet with Heart Clasp
All manner of bracelets graced the wrists of the ladies of the Edwardian eras. The later decades saw the likes of bangles, flexible, bead, ribbon and especially link bracelets.
One of the more popular styles was the curb link bracelet displayed here. Not like its typical peers of the time, this august bracelet has a higher 15k yellow gold content. Each of the thick oval loops has been diamond cut, i.e. with fine, sharp edges which allow the twisted links to lie flatly and smoothly with no damage to the skin. The solid gold bracelet has been finished with a fashionable heart shaped padlock clasp (which needs no key) and a link safety chain for additional security.
Measurements: Interior circumference is 6-1/2 inches (16.5 cm). Chain is 7/16 of an inch (1.2 cm) in width. Heart clasp is 1 inch (2.5 cm) in length by 5/8 of an inch (1.6 cm) in width. Weight of 30.4 grams (19.5 dwt).
Hallmarks: Full set of English hallmarks for Chester, 15k and a date letter representing the year 1900. Maker's mark of "CS*FS".
Historical Note: Curb chain was initially used on certain types of horse bridles. The very distinctive design, as well as the name was “borrowed” by jewelers, as this type of chain did not pinch or tear and cause injury or pain to the horse.
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same Day Shipping - Order by 1 pm CST M-F!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Standard Money Back No Risk Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, notify us within (3) days of receipt for a full refund. Return shipping is free!
HOLIDAY GUARANTEE 2014
Just write "extended return" in the comments box of your order to qualify! Notify us by December 29th, ship back by January 2nd, 2015.
Standard Return Procedure
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving and holiday options.