Magnificent Edwardian Hair Comb of Solid Gold
Absolutely perfect for wear or display, this turn-of the-20th century hair comb was designed as jewelry for the hair. An expensive luxury item of its day, the comb is sure to draw attention to the wearer.
The Edwardian era could not shed its dedication to the classical styles which were being challenged by the Art Nouveau movement. Jewelers of this time often responded to inspiration from the earlier baroque style of naturalistic design and the neoclassical impact of the later decades.
Solid gold of 14k has been formed into ornate and complex foliate forms and scroll motifs in an open work pattern. Completing the piece is a trio of honey colored natural horn prongs each formed into a tapered shape with a slight convex curve. Please note the Greek influence on the "lintel" at the bottom of the gold top with its scalloped design.
Date: Circa 1900.
Measurements: 4-3/4 inches (12.3 cm) in total length; gold top is 1-3/4 inches (4.5 cm) in length by 1-3/4 inches (4.5 cm) in width; horn bottom is 2-7/8 inches (7.5 cm) in length by 0-3/4 inches (1.9 cm)in width. Weight of 13.7 grams (8.8 dwt)
Forms of Payment
- VISA and MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit & debit cards.
- Personal checks drawn on U.S. banks only - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
- Money orders, cashier's and traveler's checks - Please allow 7 business days for clearance.
Other Forms of Payment
Bank Wire - For international orders and orders of $5,000 and over. Please contact us for more details.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
Same day shipping - Order by 1 pm CST!
FREE for All U.S. Orders - Standard 2-3 Day Shipping.
FREE for All International Orders - Standard 2-7 Day Shipping.
Full details at Shipping & Insurance.
Complete Money Back No-Risk Guarantee
For Non-Gift Purchases - Our Standard Guarantee
If for any reason whatsoever you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund the FULL purchase price including U.S. shipping if charged. Remember, there is no charge for our regular shipping service!
International Orders - Due to customs and paperwork requirements, return shipping charges cannot be reimbursed.
- Notify us of your intention to return the item within three (3) days of receipt. You may contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please ship back to us within another two (2) days after we receive notification from you.
- As soon as the item is received, a full refund is issued to you that same day.
More details at Full Guarantee including gift giving options.